NEWS:

Post subject: Notario in Cihuatlan
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:24 am 
City Council
City Council

Highscores: 2
LOMELI ENRIQUEZ NARCISO PLUTARCO

TITULAR

AVENIDA ALLENDE N°.4, ESQ. GUERRERO, COL. CENTRO, CP. 48970, CIHUATLAN, JAL.

Phone - 315 3552240

E-Mail: lomeli2000@prodigy.net.mx

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:46 am 
City Council
City Council

Word of warning he is very expensive.

He charges upto double as he is the only one in the area and more to foreigners too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:41 pm 
City Council
City Council

We stopped by on the way to the airport and he does give good free information. As far as price, he said 'it depends'. My other friend that's still here is trying to close a deal and has been having trouble with bank transfers so is kinda strapped for time. There may not be another option for him.

I don't know if you can go shopping for any Notary in the country ... or if it would be worth the effort. We're hoping that a 40k deal will be cheaper than the normal $150k and up selling around here.

Can you use one from Manzanillo or La Huerta for deals here

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:58 pm 
City Council
City Council

With regards to whether or not you can use any other notary in the country I don't know.

However a lawyer should be able to tell you.

Lomeli is a nice guy but just not cheap. He quoted a price of $10k pesos to form a company for someone I know, and a guy in Tecoman quoted $3800pesos for the same thing.

Sorry I can't help more but just wanted to warn you about his prices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:23 am 
City Council
City Council

Yes you can use a notario from a different state. We've used one from Manzanillo. We also used a guy up in autlan once to avoid using Lomeli. That said, for a land deal in the municipio de Cihuatlan I'd recommend Lomeli . He knows the system and is quite efficient. The guy we used from Manzanillo might have been cheaper but he wasn't connected here and things took forever! The guy up in Autlan didn't prove to be overly competent. We do have some friends who used someone from Manzanillo and it worked out okay (so far)--the guy has a branch office in Cihuatlan on the main street, or at least he did 6 months ago. Not sure of his name.
For non-land related transactions it might be worth your while to use someone other than Lomeli.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:42 pm 
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Lomeli is very cordial, professional and is fluent in English - which to some who do not understand Spanish or are unfamiliar with legal transactions in Mexico, will prefer to pay more for the "sense of security" Lomlei provides. He is "The One" in Cihuatlan.

I now use Edson Murcelino Romero, phone 314 332 5520. Both his father and brother are notorios. His office is in Manzanillo, but he does have a branch in Cihuatlan - he is just not there unless by appointment.

Both Lomeli and Edson are highly competent and trustworthy, but for my transaction Edson's fees were 50% less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:34 am 
Property Owner
Property Owner

What about getting signatures for U.S. bank documents notarized? Is the only option for that a notario here? I need to do some funds transfers and have the paperwork here, it is just my bank NOB requires an original, notarized copy. We went to Cihuatlan yesterday but just missed the notario, perhaps that was a good thing so I can figure this out better first. The place we went was on the right as you are headed towards Manzanillo about a block or two before Chicken Boys. Is this the only place to go? Can they make a signature official at Banamex? (I do have an acct there as well.) Suggestions?

KWH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:40 am 
City Council
City Council

A notario in Mexico is not the same as a notary public in the United States.

You may find someone who is a notary public who is here that will help you. You will just be miraculously transported to whatever state they are licensed in for the time it takes to notarize the signatures.

If you want it done correctly, you will have to go to the US Consulate in either Guadalajara or Puerto Vallarta.

Before you use a local notario, I would call your bank and verify they will accept it.

Good luck,

Stan

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Here's what we found.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:30 pm 
Property Owner
Property Owner

We ended up going to the notario in Cihuatlan to have my U.S. bank documents "notarized." They "certified" my signature for $100 pesos. This was more than sufficient for my bank in Alaska. I did not have to use the notario himself, his staff handled it very efficiently.

We used Estafeta to mail the documents back to the States. It cost $271 pesos to ship it the 2nd quickest way, I am not sure how they referred to it. It was dropped off on the 3rd, hit USPS in Texas on the 5th and continued on Priority Mail arriving in Alaska on the 9th.

Our alternative was going to the consulate for a true U.S. notarization at a cost of $30.00 US and shipping via FedEx or DHL or UPS all in the neighborhood of $90.00 US is what we found. This is of course not to mention the trip to PVR or GDL to get to a consulate and US shipping company.

So all was accomplished in Cihuatlan for $371 pesos total with a delivery of under a week to Alaska. Not bad!

KWH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:05 pm 
City Council
City Council

What I can't wait to hear is if your bank accepted the signatures!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:45 pm 
Property Owner
Property Owner

Yes, they did. Ergo the date of the post. I waited until everything cleared before I reported back, otherwise I might have been mistaken.

The bank accepted the Mexican notario's offices' "certification" of my signature no questions asked. If perhaps it were for a government deal (i.e. adoption, etc.) I predict that would be a different story.

KWH

Post subject: Re: Notario in Cihuatlan
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:54 pm 
City Council
City Council

Other lawyer in Cihuatlan that uses a Notario from Manzanillo. About half the price of Lomeli but no English spoken

Romero y Asociados
Lic. Jesus Aguilar Romero
355-4052

Profile E-mail